Tuesday, October 5, 2010

True friendship

Some quotes that I'm really feeling right now...


Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
There are three types of friends: those like food, without which you can't live; those like medicine, which you need occasionally; and those like an illness, which you never want.
The friendship that can cease has never been real.


I've been thinking about what true friendship is a lot lately due to recent events in my life. Is a true friend someone you can talk with on the phone for 2 hours? Or just go shopping with? Or is a true friend someone who knows everything about you?


Whatever your definition of a good, true friend is, I can tell you that they are not always easy to find or to keep. If you are lucky enough to have a true friend (or several), I've learned not to take them for granted. Or let stupid things get in the way. It's important to be honest and genuine, and to really work at the friendship. I wish I didn't, but I know that the last quote is very true.. if it ends, then it never really was there, was it? 



Anyway, I do have to say that I am truly blessed to have people I know that I can call true friends. Despite any hardships or fights; despite the things that happen in our own individual lives, I know there are people I can say are my true friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment