Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"What's Your Six-Word Love Story?"

I was reading some blogs one afternoon and came upon this cute post on a NYTimes.com blog. It's about describing your relationship using only six words. Fun, right?

Check out the article below, and then check out Smith Magazine's website here, where the article's info came from. They have tons more "Six-Word Memoirs" on a variety of topics (not just about love).  Some of the things people post are really clever.

Let's see if I can come up with one for us!  How about the obvious:
"Live simply, laugh often, love deeply"? Yea that works.. Or how about...

"First comes friendship, then comes forever."
"You, me - to infinity and beyond."
"I'm sweet, he's savory. Good mix"

The last one was a wacky one.. but I guess it has to do with our taste in foods! Thought it was fun :)

This is what I ended up posting on Smith's website: "Our motto: Laugh, love and eat!" I think that sums it up for us quite nicely... unless I come up with something more witty!

Now, for the article:

What’s Your Six-Word Love Story?

Can you sum up a relationship in six words?
The readers of the Web site Smith Magazine are doing just that, offering six-word memoirs to describe both love and loss. Some examples:
Love hurts. Choose vodka or valium.
You lost me at hello “ma’am.”
Life’s like chocolates. Picked, processed, pooped.
Hearts clubbed by diamonds in spades.
Passion, fireworks, good loving. He’s gay.
But our domestic partnership was notarized….
Your new wife is too friendly.
There’s nothing sex can not fix.
Finally found love, at age 41.
Note to self: avoid head cases.
He wasn’t worth the panic attacks.
Chocolate is the coward’s bad apology.
Pet-sitting for ex-husband describes amicable divorce.
Loved her madly — then went mad.
Warning, love: I blog my breakups.
What do you think? Do you have six words to share about love, marriage and relationships? Please post your own six-word memoir below. And be sure to check out the Smith Magazine Web site for more six-word memoirs on happiness, teenagers, food and other topics.

So now the obvious question - what's YOURS?

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo cool! I don't know if I can do this, but I will be thinking really hard about it.

    ReplyDelete