Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy NEW Year!

Belated Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to all =)

I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I last posted.  It's been quite a busy time.  But now that things have quieted down, I can pay attention to my blog again.  I think I said it a few posts back - things are going to change as the new year begins.

For starters, I gave my blog a facelift! I love the colors now - much more bright & cheery than my last theme, as seen below:


I actually used an image from my wedding photos. Such a great photo by the brilliant Susan Stripling but it was a little too monotone for a background image. It's beautiful though.. 2 swans swam by us after we took our photos as husband & wife:


My current background is also an image taken by Susan - but this time it's a little more colorful and bright. It's a photo of my gorgeous bouquet of orchids and calla lilies.


This change alone has made me excited to blog more!

With that said, I plan on updating more often.  My friend (and first & only follower, lol) Shelby sent me a wonderful e-mail (my response to which I'll post another time) saying how she loved my blog and tried looking for more recipes, but couldn't find anything! That's because I don't update enough. So here we go.  Thanks for the inspiration, Shelbs - this one's for you.

And three, I'm going to make my blog public!  Not sure why I haven't yet.  Probably the "perfectionist" in me that keeps wanting to make it look "perfect" - but you know what?  That doesn't matter.  Whoever is interested in reading my blog won't care, plus I'm kind of loving it now =)

Here's to a NEW year filled with NEW & inspiring things!

No comments:

Post a Comment