Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My little project & 3 more days...

My husband Steve has been away at his new job training for 12 - yes TWELVE - days! In newlywed time (yes, yes I still consider myself a newlywed, hehe) that's a long time to be apart.  I did get to see him over the weekend briefly, but it wasn't long enough. It's ok though - only 3 more days to go..!

In order to combat boredom and sadness from missing him too much, I decided to make sure to keep myself busy.  I haven't been cooking since he left (luckily my in-laws helped take care of me in that department, hehe..) so I did the little things around the apartment that I'd been wanting to do.

The one little project I'm most proud of is my makeup organization! I've recently developed an obsession with makeup (thanks to all the blogs I subscribe to) and I quickly ran out of room in my lavender Caboodles organizer from 1992 (haha) so I figured it was time for an upgrade!

I went to Michaels and found an awesome desktop crafts organizer on sale and thought it was perfect. It fit nicely inside my linen closet and had enough compartments for all my makeup - most of it at least! The rest is tucked into a little plastic drawer organizer on the side. And my brushes stand nicely in my repurposed mason jars filled with pretty rocks (the florist at my wedding used the jars for our bouquets!).  I'm hoping this'll jump start a bunch of projects I've been wanting to do for quite some time.


 



Anyway, so now I've got 3 days left until he returns - hoping the mister will be proud of my little project, though it doesn't pale in comparison to what he's done around here (seriously, he's done some major construction projects!). He really does so much for me and for our families - I'm so lucky & so blessed to have him. Aaaand to add to the cheesiness.. my friend Michele posted this on Facebook, which was the perfect quote to describe how I've been feeling while he's away..
If you have a wonderful man who helps balance your whole world...who isn't perfect, but is perfect for you... who works hard and would do anything for you.. who makes you laugh and drives you CRAZY, who is your best friend, who you want to grow old with, and who you are thankful for everyday, and who you could not live without, repost this!!! -- ♥...
Thank God, I do =)

1 comment:

  1. WOWOW! AMAZING. Girl that is a loooonnnngggg time to be away from your hubby. Loving the make up organizer.

    ReplyDelete